Saturday, June 5, 2010

First Day

So I am about to embark on a new life and have been asked to blog this next Journey. Life is a journey and it is a short one at that. As I get older I realize just how short life really is. Even if you live 100 years it is but a vapor as the bible says.

A little background history on me. I am Terrie mom of four boys and wife to Karl. The greatest thing I'v ever done is be the boys mom. I am very proud of them and so happy that God let me be their mom. It was not without its trials but every trial was worth it. I love ebing able to say I am very close to each one of them. I have also been over weight all my life. I had about 1.5 years when my weight was at a good place and as I like to say I was a hottie. I am not longer a hottie on the outside but am on the inside lol. Life happens and things happen and I have ballooned to a ridiculous weight and have decided to have gastric bypass. This is the new adventure I spoke of earlier. Some friends have suggested that I blog it but I decided to blog all of life not just that journey. I want something for my children to look back on when I am gone and say I knew my mother very well and I know where I came from and where I want to go.

So thus starts my journey with the gastric bypass and leaving my boys a peice of me.

There is a lot of debating that goes on with gastric bypass such as I know I should because I can't keep going like I am now but its a drastic change and what about all that extra skin. My deciding factor was that I watched my mom and my granny die horrible deaths due to diabetes. I have been diagnosed with diabetes for 3 years now. I have already had major issues and I don't want to live like this anymore. I want to be able to play with my grandchildren and just walk around the block without gasping for air.

I want, to be healthy. Tomorrow I will bring you up to date as to where we are in the provess of getting me scheduled for surgery.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Terrie, God bless you on your journey. I'll be following you on your blog as well as on CMoB, but most of all in prayer. Be well. Teresa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to learn more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey T, I am so excited you decided to blog this journey in your life, as it is a very exciting one. Maybe after following yours I won't be so afraid of doing a gastric bypass...God bless you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to "tagging along" as you embark on this exciting journey, Terrie!

    ReplyDelete